Topic: Ferguson and Beyond — What happens next in the growing movement? Panel: Jamie Nesbitt Golden, Ama, and JP. Host: Bill. Recorded: December 7th, 2014.
AFD Episode 110:
Ferguson Special II
– Jamie Nesbitt Golden, from Chicago: Freelance writer, participant in the August rallies in Ferguson and the November rallies in Chicago
– Ama, from St. Louis County: Lives next to Ferguson, wife owns a business there, 12 year county resident, participant in the August rallies in Ferguson
– JP, from St. Louis County: Lives near Ferguson, 10-year U.S. military veteran, 20 year county resident
– Black Lives Matter official website
– Hood Feminism
– Jamie’s Twitter
– STL Public Radio: St. Louis County Emergency Fund Tapped for Police
– The Atlantic: How Police Unions and Arbitrators Keep Abusive Cops on the Street
– Jacobin: The Bad Kind of Unionism
– Daily Camera / Boulder News: Sam Carter, ex-Boulder cop, convicted on all counts in Mapleton elk trial
And don’t forget to check out The Digitized Ramblings of an 8-Bit Animal, the video blog of our announcer, Justin.