Topics: Torture Report, CRomnibus spending package, video game review – This War of Mine. People: Bill, Nate. Produced: December 15th, 2014.
– Torture Report: Why US actions after 9/11 are symptomatic of a wider unresolved White Supremacy in American policymaking and society — and why torture and drones are the logical extension of daily police brutality and accidental shootings.
– CRomnibus Spending Package: Should Democrats and President Obama have stood more firmly on principle against the new funding measure even at the cost of a shutdown?
– Political Pop Culture: Nate reviews “This War of Mine,” a survival game set in the Siege of Sarajevo
Episode 111 (53 min)
– AFD: The Terrible CRomnibus
– NYT Dealbook: Wall Street Seeks to Tuck Dodd-Frank Changes in Budget Bill
– Huffington Post:The Levee Breaks: Democrats Rage Against Obama Over Wall Street Giveaway
– AFD: US prepares to give sacred Native land to Australian mining firm
– AP: Federal budget would raise limits on big donors in campaign finance
And don’t forget to check out The Digitized Ramblings of an 8-Bit Animal, the video blog of our announcer, Justin.