Topics: Big Ideas in U.S. Reform – Measuring government performance; Arms control; Libya crisis. People: Bill and Persephone. Produced: July 27, 2014.
- Big Idea: Can government programs’ performance be measured objectively — or is it inherently political?
- Should the U.S. and its NATO allies completely stop selling and giving weapons to other governments, especially repressive ones?
- Is a general from Virginia about to become the next dictator of Libya? Should the U.S. pick a side?
To get one file for the whole episode, we recommend using one of the subscribe links at the bottom of the post.
- AFD: Should government programs be funded Moneyball-style?
- NYT: The Quiet Movement to Make Government Fail Less Often
- AFD: In Mass., Goldman wants in on prison profit stream
- AFD: United State of Unemployment
- AFD: UK has a real arms sales problem on its hands
- Middle East Monitor: Kerry says US will deliver Apache helicopters to Egypt soon
- AFD: US embassy staff moved out of Libya
- AFD: Meanwhile in Libya
- Previously on the show: July 2013 debate on types of U.S. involvement in Syria
And don’t forget to check out The Digitized Ramblings of an 8-Bit Animal, the video blog of our announcer, Justin.