Beliefs on the origin of jobs break down along the same political lines as beliefs on the origin of life. Most people think jobs emerge from a complex, organic process, involving demand, supply, and capital, but some on the far right ascribe their creation to an intelligent designer: an all-mighty, mostly mythical “job creator” who must receive regular tribute.
Tag Archives: job creation
August 13, 2014 – Arsenal For Democracy 95
Topics: Big Ideas in U.S. Reform – Guaranteed Incomes vs Job Creation; Higher Education Reform. Iraq analysis. People: Bill, Persephone, Nate. Produced: August 10, 2014.
– Big Idea: Should government guarantee minimum incomes or guarantee jobs? What is the purpose of employment?
– Big Idea: What is the government’s proper role in reforming and regulating higher education?
– Iraq: How far should the current U.S. intervention go?
Part 1 – Income vs Jobs:
Part 1 – Guaranteed Incomes – AFD 95
Part 2 – Higher Ed Reform:
Part 2 – Higher Ed Reform – AFD 95
Part 3 – Iraq Intervention:
Part 3 – Iraq Intervention – AFD 95
To get one file for the whole episode, we recommend using one of the subscribe links at the bottom of the post.
– Vox: A guaranteed income for every American would eliminate poverty — and it wouldn’t destroy the economy
– Slate: The Dangerous Conservative Idea for Making College Cheaper
– AFD: Questionable complaints from Baghdad
– AFD: Analysis of Mosul Dam, Mount Sinjar, U.S. Airstrikes
– AFD: Who are the Yazidis at Mount Sinjar right now?
– AFD: ISIS rolls back Kurdish forces in Iraq. What’s next?
RSS Feed: Arsenal for Democracy Feedburner
iTunes Store Link: “Arsenal for Democracy by Bill Humphrey”
And don’t forget to check out The Digitized Ramblings of an 8-Bit Animal, the video blog of our announcer, Justin.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download