Description: Guest expert Sydnee McElroy MD of the “Sawbones” podcast explains the science of vaccines. Bill and Nate look at why government steps in where charity falls short. Persephone on the future of nursing in the United States, by looking at Europe.
– Sawbones: “Dr. Mesmer and the Power of Animal Magnetism”
– ABC News: “NYC Measles Outbreak Spreads to Lower East Side”
– Think Progress: “Orange County, California Is Experiencing Its Worst Measles Outbreak in Decades”
– New York Magazine: “Immune to Logic: Some New York City Private Schools Have Dismal Vaccination Rates”
– The Atlantic: “The Conservative Myth of a Social Safety Net Built on Charity”
– WBUR: “Legislators, Again, Grapple With Mandatory Nurse-Patient Ratio”
– NYT: “Nurse Education Level Affects Death Rates, Study Says”