“AFD 70 – Afghanistan, Ukraine, Christie”
Greg joins Bill to talk about opium in Afghanistan, protests in Ukraine, and the Christie bridge closure scandal.
– Atlantic: “The Looming Narco State in Afghanistan“
– The Globalist: “Ukraine: The Key to Restoring Greater Russia“
– AFD: “Deja vu in Ukraine and Thailand”
– NYT: “Dangers of Giving In to Impulse for Revenge“
“AFD 67A – Thailand Tea Party, Carbon Price”
In a bonus half-episode recorded on 12/16, guest co-host Greg joins me to talk about why Thailand’s protesters remind us of the U.S. tea party and about how U.S. companies are planning for a carbon price that Congress isn’t close to passing.
– AFD: “Is Thailand Facing Tea Party-style Obstruction?”
– AFD: “Carbon Pricing and Economic Uncertainty”
No new episode next week. Happy holidays. We’ll be back in January, but there will be lots more posts on here, in the meantime.
“AFD 67 – Wall St Goes Rent-Seeking”
Guest co-host Greg joins me to talk about Wall Street’s big plans for renters, a ruling on the NSA, and a US drone strike in Yemen.
– WSJ: “Blackstone Tries Bond Backed by Home-Rental Income”
– AFD: “NH State Rep: Scott Brown *is* Tyranny”
Note: Next Monday, December 23rd, will be posting a special bonus half-episode of two additional segments that Greg and I recorded this week. It will be released only through the website.